Please fix your bugs in release instead of rawhide!

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 13:33:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 13:45 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 10.03.2009, 13:26 +0100 schrieb Nils Philippsen:
> > On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 08:17 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > >
> > > No, NEXTRELEASE means the next release of the distribution. The status
> > > for bugs that are fixed in the same release is ERRATA.
> >
> > This is how it should be, but bodhi sees it differently and apparently
> > the decision (by whomever, it escaped my memory right now) is to use
> > "NEXTRELEASE" for Fedora updates
>
> Sure? At least it used to work properly:
>
> updates at fedoraproject.org changed:
>
>            What    |Removed                     |Added
>              Status|CLOSED                      |CLOSED
>          Resolution|RAWHIDE                     |CURRENTRELEASE
>    Fixed In Version|                            |1.9.32-1.fc8

Remembered that wrongly, sorry. IMO it should still be ERRATA rather
than CURRENTRELEASE, as the latter implies (to me anyway) that it is
fixed in the current release of the product (e.g. F-10), and that you
shouldn't expect an update for the product release you reported against
(e.g. F-9). This is bad because right now we have one bug tracker
(bugzilla.redhat.com) where these resolution values are used
inconsistently between products (Red Hat products vs. Fedora products).

I won't be filing bugs against Bodhi, though, since this is a question
of policy where the proper discussion forum isn't Bodhi's bug tracker
IMO.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty