Please fix your bugs in release instead of rawhide!

Jarod Wilson jarod at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 17:55:22 UTC 2009

On Friday 13 March 2009 12:29:57 Callum Lerwick wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 09:32 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > That still doesn't help things like "if your kernel isn't new enough,
> > you will live lock writing to ext4" though :-)
>
> Uhhhh... so before I go converting my F10 systems to ext4, what kernel
> version should I be running?

While there are some corner cases here and there, everything recent
seems to hold up just fine. I've been using ext4 quite heavily for
several months now on F10 boxes -- root and home on my laptop, the
data volume where all my source trees are housed on my workstation.
Haven't hit any issues w/the latest F10 updates kernel on either
system (nor w/the kernel before that, best as I can recall).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at redhat.com