F10 Fresh Vanilla Install with Updates Has Broken NetworkManager

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Sat Mar 14 17:22:27 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jud Craft" <craftjml at gmail.com>
To: "Development discussions related to Fedora"
<fedora-devel-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2009 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: F10 Fresh Vanilla Install with Updates Has Broken
NetworkManager

> Unless he made extra copies of the Fedora install DVDs (and why would
> he?  that defeats the point of a minimal image) he has *no other
> install media*.  It's game over for him.

Well, it seems that since F9 most network problems can be solved by

sudo service NetworkManager stop

Of course, you have to know this, and it isn't QUITE that simple.

I'm still not convinced NetworkManager is ready for prime time.  Even with
F11 alpha I have to do some fiddling around.  I think F10 alpha actually
worked out of the box, but that was apparently an abberation.  Hasn't worked
since without some help.

--McD