Anaconda/yum update status

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Tue Mar 17 02:58:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 18:07 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 15:35 -0700, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> > On 03/16/2009 03:23 PM, Mike Chambers wrote:
> >
> > > The version
> > > of rpm for anaconda is anaconda-11.5.0.30.  But what I saw as far as
> > > when the nfs stuff was filled out and I guess install image loaded, it
> > > said anaconda-11.5.0.29?
> >
> > dlehman tagged 11.5.0.30 before committing the version change to
> > anaconda.  The version is actually correct, even though anaconda doesn't
> > know it.
>
> Does the latest version have the/a fix for this "storage device" (least,
> that is the initial menu that comes up before getting error/traceback)
> problem that has been coming up last few days?

Ok, answered my own question regards to the above problem, as tried a
fresh install from current rawhide and problem still exists.  It
actually errors right before asking you to either install or upgrade
your current installation.

I was able to do a F11 alpha 64bit install and upgrade rpm then the
system and it worked this time, no glitches so far heh.

Anyway, hopefully back to a working system for awhile. (Got 4G Ram
installed over last few days instead of 2G, doin some testing).

--
Mike Chambers
Fedora Project - Bug Zapper, Tester, User, etc..
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org