F10 Fresh Vanilla Install with Updates Has Broken NetworkManager

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 15:53:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 11:33 -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:

> In anaconda, we just use the /etc/yum.repos.d files that the system (in
> this case, the fedora-release package) provides.  If a repo is marked as
> enabled=1 in its config file, anaconda will enable the repo by default.
>
> If the Everything repo defaulted to enabled, anaconda would pick this up
> and when the user checked the Updates repo, we wouldn't hit this
> problem.  Of course, enabling Everything by default might come with its
> own set of problems.
>
> Alternatively, we could probably come up with some crazy set of repo
> dependencies to handle this.  I'd just like to make sure it's not hard
> coded into anaconda.

Both the Everything and the Updates repos are enabled by default in the
config file.  I seem to remember that this just makes them /visible/ in
the UI for checking, doesn't actually enable them in Anaconda itself,
due to as you say, a host of other problems associated with doing mixed
media + network installs.  What we don't have is any sort of breadcrumb
that would alert things like anaconda that if the user checks on the
updates repo, that the everything repo should also be checked on.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!