EeePC 900 vs. 900A

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 16:49:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Andreas Tunek  wrote:
> 2009/3/17 Chris Eveleigh :
>> On Wed, 2009-03-17 at 10:06 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>>

>> does the wireless survive a suspend/resume for you?  i'm sure it worked once
>> (with the 1.7.0 driver on F9) but since then i've always had to reboot to
>> get the wireless back again - even rmmod/modprobe doesn't recover it.
>>

> I have the same trouble with my EEE 901 with F10.
>
> /Andreas

I maintain all the rtxxx0 drivers at RPMFusion. This was reported
before and a user came up with a suspend script which worked for him.
Unfortunately, since suspend *never* worked for me on Fedora with or
without a wireless card, I couldn't test the script. But I added the
script to the RPM's. Could you grab the rtxxx0 RPM from RPMFusion's
testing repo and try the suspend script? It may need to be tweaked a
little to work for individual cases.

And yes, the serialmonkey driver is progressing slowly. Once they said
it was going to be ready for 2.6.28, then 2.6.29... We are still
waiting. Ralink isn't very good with their driver releases either. I
need to patch their drivers heavily to get them compile and work.

Orcan

PS: Currently we have RPM's for rt2860, rt2870 and rt3070 chipsets.