Where are Fedora core 10 sources for download

Joe Ovanesian jovanesian at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 18:03:10 UTC 2009

Hi Eric -- Thanks for the feedback.I did install the kernel source rpm.
 However, as you mentioned, it installed it under /root
in SOURCES and SPECS.  I noticed there were tons of patches.

My objective is to install the sources under /usr/src/kernel/linux-x.y.z...
and build a new kernel for x.86 from the sources.  I'd like to be able to
step through various parts of the kernel and look at the sources.

I have FC-10 on couple machines and am planning on setting up a development
environment with KGDB.

I downloaded the 2.6.28.8... .bz2 from kernel.org and built it. However,
just copying
bzImage to /boot/vmlinuz did not do the job.  I'll need to probably modify
GRUB to
pick it up.

I have been laid off and have lots of time on my hand.  My intention is to
contribute to the open source community.  Specially kernel development
projects, whatever I can.

Best Regards,
Joe