preupgrade F10

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 20 22:02:20 UTC 2009

2009/3/20 Adam Miller <maxamillion at gmail.com>

> Then why was I able to pull the new rpm without any other packages
> when going from Alpha -> Current Rawhide?

Because in this particular case rpm didnt need a newer version of any other
packages but there have been and will continue to be many cases where rpm
does require later versions of some supporting library. These are the cases
i think Jesse was talking about when saying that we cant have yum install
rpm by itself first regardless. It may rely on some other updated package
and that would fail under those circumstances

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and
those who don't...