Mono buildfails on PPC

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Sun Mar 22 00:12:08 UTC 2009

Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> writes:
>> Well, you didn't say exactly what was dying in mono, ...

> It's a big ol' stack trace while compiling System.Xml.dll on the ppc
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=1242258&name=build.log

Hmm, what's the reason for thinking that it's a page size problem?
What it looks like to me is somebody passing bad arguments to vasprintf,
followed by some sort of recursive error occurrence in code that is
trying to recover from a crash ...

> This looks like a mono fault, but no-one at Novell can reproduce it.

What platforms have they tried on?

BTW, not related to your immediate problem, but stuff like this
doesn't exactly leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling about the code
being production quality:

./../../jay/jay -ct < ./../../jay/skeleton.cs System.Xml.XPath/Parser.jay >System.Xml.XPath/Parser.cs
./../../jay/jay: 21 rules never reduced
./../../jay/jay: 1 shift/reduce conflict, 42 reduce/reduce conflicts.

./../../jay/jay -ct Mono.Xml.Xsl/PatternParser.jay < ./../../jay/skeleton.cs >>Mono.Xml.Xsl/PatternParser.cs
./../../jay/jay: 3 rules never reduced
./../../jay/jay: 1 shift/reduce conflict, 46 reduce/reduce conflicts.

What that's telling you is this bison code is seriously broken
and probably doesn't accept anything like the language you think
it does.

			regards, tom lane