PackageKit and gnome-packagekit test packages

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:27:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 12:34 -0400, Michal Nowak wrote:
> I'd appreciate to have there x86-64 packages too (in case is
> expected to always contain fresh alpha PackageKit).

Yes, those packages are a quick rpmbuild bodge that runs every few days
-- I'll stick a new snapshot in koji soon, and then everyone can have
the love.

> * in "List of changes:", it'd be nice to have only the changes done
> in between the installed and the updating packages *and* $random_value
> at most, not just the last $random_value item

Agreed, I've just fixed this in the yumBackend.

> * the "List of changes:" might be bolt and some bigger font also
>
> * Wed Mar 18 13:00:00 2009 Behdad Esfahbod <besfahbo at redhat.com> - 2.6.99.behdad.20090318-1
> * Fri Oct 17 14:00:00 2008 Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com> 8.63-4
> `------------^^^^^^^^---[not in spec file]

Fixed, thanks.

> * "size" column is ambiguous, on first sight I expected it's pkg's
> size but when the pkg is download via yum and the gpk-u-v2 started
> again, it shows "0 bytes", so, I realized that it's "size to be
> downloaded". I'd prefer to always have "pkg size" there

That makes the column very wide...

> * there's a lot of room for playing with anchoring "texts" like
> "bug #466507" with proper bug tracker. :)

No. In the bodhi metadata we have proper URLs which we display in the
text. We can't guess that #12345 is a gnome bug, a Red Hat bug, or even
a freedesktop bug. The ChangeLog text is just a bodge as we don't have
metadata with rawhide.

> * 'u' in "Install updates" should be capitalized, like is common
> in gpk-u-i

Fixed, thanks.

> * info "There are no updates for your computer." might be changed to
> "All updates successfully installed."otherwise it looks like: "Gah,
> what did I wrong that there are no updates for me?" Also bold text
> and auto-disappearing window are not very common and generally should
> be omitted

I'll fix up the end dialog, but I think the autoclose should remain.

Richard.