pkgconfig can't find libgnomeui on F9

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon Mar 23 19:35:38 UTC 2009

> This is due to pkgconfig change. Now also F-9 pkgconfig tries to check
> "Requires.private" for "pkg-config --exists". F-9 libgnomecanvas-2.0.pc
> has "gail" in Requires.private, while root.log says "gail-devel" is not
> included (note: with old pkgconfig "BR: gail-devel" was not needed)

Just to save others the trouble of searching, this appears to be the
best reference:

http://err.no/personal/blog/2008/Mar/25

I don't understand all the details, but the bottom line seems to be
that everything in both Requires and Requires.private needs to be in
Requires.  So then we need this attached patch?