pkgconfig can't find libgnomeui on F9

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 19:49:19 UTC 2009

2009/3/23 Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org>:
>> This is due to pkgconfig change. Now also F-9 pkgconfig tries to check
>> "Requires.private" for "pkg-config --exists". F-9 libgnomecanvas-2.0.pc
>> has "gail" in Requires.private, while root.log says "gail-devel" is not
>> included (note: with old pkgconfig "BR: gail-devel" was not needed)
>
> Just to save others the trouble of searching, this appears to be the
> best reference:
>
> http://err.no/personal/blog/2008/Mar/25
>
> I don't understand all the details, but the bottom line seems to be
> that everything in both Requires and Requires.private needs to be in
> Requires.  So then we need this attached patch?

Wrong, that will lead to overlinking which is exactly what the
Requires.private original behaviour tend to avoid.

The  problem is that the current Requires.private behaviour is conter
intuitive and the best solution would be to move some of the
Requires.private to their Libs.private : equivalent as a workaround.

Nicolas (kwizart)