libsyncml

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 05:15:22 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 18:58 -0600, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 20:39 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> >
> >> Actually F10 is shipping a KDE 4 port of libopensync-plugin-kdepim from a
> >> work branch (which may or may not work, I built it and all I know is that
> >> it builds) and since 4.2 there's now an Akonadi syncing plugin (which
> >> requires 0.38 as KitchenSync does and which is also disabled as "not ready"
> >> just like KitchenSync).
> >>
> >> Speaking of this, this is one drawback reverting: we won't be able to build
> >> that KDE 4 libopensync-plugin-kdepim anymore. :-( That said, as I wrote
> >> above, I have no idea if it's even working at all right now.
> >
> > Thanks for the update there - I didn't know work had actually begun on a
> > plugin.
> >
> > On 0.38 vs. 0.36 - yeah, it really doesn't make much of a difference.
> > Neither is at a point where you could reasonably use it on production
> > data on *any* device or app.
>
> So what needs to happen to revert? Is it possible? I'm a lurker here,
> but wouldn't mind increasing my participation if it would help.

The packages I linked to earlier already do it, actually. It mostly just
involves using some Epochs and being careful with the obsoletes. I
already had to do this for Mandriva a few months back. I tested, and the
packages Andreas built work fine - if you install all rawhide opensync
packages then enable his test packages as a repository (the directory's
set up as a yum repo), then do 'yum update', it all works as it should
do.

I think Andreas was just waiting on my testing and possibly a few tweaks
before pushing it, but I wouldn't want to speak too far on his behalf.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey