System Config Tools Cleanup Project - tools to eliminate/replace

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 17:16:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 17:10 +0100, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

> * system-config-display
>   - xrandr should be used for resolution/dualhead configuration, Gnome & KDE
> have
>     own xrandr based display configuration tool

Only for RandR 1.2-based drivers, note. Although as of F11 we should be
shipping RandR 1.2 drivers for the three major card types by default for
the first time (radeon, nouveau, intel).

> * system-config-network
>   - replacement NetworkManager
>   - missing IPv6? routing?

Quite a lot of people still don't want to use NetworkManager. It makes
little sense on a system which just sits there connected to a static IP
address 24/7.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey