2009-03-26 - Fedora Test Day - Nouveau graphics driver

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 18:55:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 12:44 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
>> I've just added a KMS test case to the Test Day page. Everyone who's
>> already tested, if you could add your result for the KMS test, that
>> would be awesome. I may also add a rendercheck test case before
>> tomorrow.
>
> I must be doing something wrong, but enabling modeset on grub boot tells
> me incorrect parameter?  If you wanted to edit your grub.conf itself and
> add it there , would someone post theirs and show me what line and how
> it's set for it to work?  I've done it via grub.conf and tried via just
> boot up and adding it before booting and either way gives me an error.

The kernel doesn't know what to do with the parameter because nouveau
is a loadable module. But modprobe will pick up the option when it's
run by udev. Don't worry about the kernel saying it's an incorrect
parameter. At some point, the kernel should probably be fixed to issue
this warning when the module is builtin.

--
Dan