libsyncml

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 27 22:17:31 UTC 2009

> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > The KitchenSync from KDE 3 is actually an awesome GUI for opensync 0.22
> > which makes it really easy to set things up - that's why the Mandriva
> > instructions are based around it - but it didn't really show up until
> > quite a bit later, and even then, very few people seem to know about it
> > for some reason.
>
> By the way, any efforts going into packaging that as a separate package for
> F10+? Or do you want us to try building it from the kdepim3 SRPM (which
> currently only builds a compatibility libkcal)?

I was planning to look at it for MDV while I was there, but never got
time. Would be nice to have it for Fedora, but there are other things
which take priority (sorting out syncml, getting the blackberry plugin
in, remembering what little patches need to get put it from mdv to fix
various little issues).

> The big issue is of course syncing with KDE 4 kdepim. There's no working
> plugin for that and even if there was one, I think ld.so would go kamikaze
> when trying to load KDE 4 libraries into KDE 3 KitchenSync. :-(

I suspect that when we're actually in a position to do any sane kind of
sync with KDE 4, we'll also be in a position to use the KDE 4
kitchensync. That sort of seems like the pace of development, to me.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey