F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Fri Mar 27 22:46:16 UTC 2009

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> No one has yet said what is supposed to happen when X on a desktop
> inevitably starts with the incorrect resolution. At the very least I
> could restart X easily. Now I need to log in then restart X? And what
> about regular users? Do I have to now instruct them to login as root
> and kill X?

I'm trying to understand how the problem of bad config relates to this
xorg disabling Ctrl-Alt-Backspace discussion?  I mean I could remotely
login into the users terminal and fix their xorg.conf and then just tell
them to hit Ctrl-Alt-Backspace and that should fix them up and if not
I'll kill their X server.  Or is there some other situation you're
referring to?

Regards,
Gerry