F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 28 02:08:51 UTC 2009

Christopher Stone wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net> wrote:
>> I was reading through the F11A Release Notes when I came across this:
>>
>>   "The key combination Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to kill the X server has been
>> disabled by default as a decision of the upstream Xorg project."
>
> Amazing! How did this get through without anyone knowing?

A lot of people already knew and it has been well documented in the
release notes. There was a long discussion already in fedora-test list.

> I am in 100% total agreement with Gerry, and I hope the FESCo or
> whatever body is in charge of making a decision for Fedora will make
> the correct decision on this.

I hope, we continue to leave such decisions to the maintainers of the
software rather than micro manage them with a committee. FESCo should
not be (usually) be overriding maintainer decisions.

Rahul