F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 17:18:11 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 7:30 AM, Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet at amorsen.dk> wrote:
> Christopher Stone <chris.stone at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I am in 100% total agreement with Gerry, and I hope the FESCo or
>> whatever body is in charge of making a decision for Fedora will make
>> the correct decision on this.  Obviously (for those of us with brains)
>> the X.org people did not make the correct decision.
>
> Obviously I must be without brains, because I support the change.

Right, I suppose the X.org people realize that X is so incredibly
stable, that no software, no matter how poorly written could ever
cause X to lock up.  Especially games.  You know, those things that
newbies run.  And you know newbies, they are extremely proficient at
switching virtual consoles and killing X sessions...

Can I please just give a big fat DUH to all the X.org people out
there?  Thanks for being so stupid.

-Chris