F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Sat Mar 28 18:00:59 UTC 2009

On 03/28/2009 01:24 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>>> I hope, we continue to leave such decisions to the maintainers of the
>>> software rather than micro manage them with a committee. FESCo should
>>> not be (usually) be overriding maintainer decisions.
>>>
>>> Rahul
>>>
>> Maintainers should also (usually) be listening to the community.
>
> Community is not a single entity. It is a very diverse set of
> independent people with sometimes very strong opinions on both sides.
>
> Rahul

And the many strong opinions need to be heard by the maintainers.  If
there is a strong opinion, as this diverse thread has shown, then that
is a strong indication that a decision should be revisited and if no
change is made, then say why with the facts and data to support it.  I
haven't seen a real strong indication in this thread why the default
behavior should be as it is, only why it shouldn't be, tho it does seem
to be a simple matter to turn on c-a-bs.  The question revolves around
defaults and which it should be.