F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 21:14:21 UTC 2009

2009/3/28 Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:
> Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
>> and how can this be configured while do don't have a xorg.conf files ?
>
> Just create one. Simple.
>
> Rahul

Since I've been using Fedora we've gone from

having an xorg.conf which we more or less got to configure on
firstboot, that was fine caused me no real problems

having no xorg.conf which I then have to figure out how to make
myself, properly on every install and it still doesn't work as well as
before

having X on Ctrl+Alt+F1 , one install I just realized I could no
longer switch to a vt on F1, ok fine.

now

removing Ctrl+Alt+Backspace

At no point have I ever seen any real discussion on any of the lists
about this it just happens. None of this changes have had any benefit
to me on any of the several systems I've used X on.

In this case no one has pointed to an email archive of where this
discussion took place. The attitude is that its been decided by the
deciders -- so live with it. I do not understand where this kind of
hostility towards some long time users is coming from.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )