Thunderbird 3 is built against it's own libxul, why?

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Sun Mar 29 11:03:28 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm maintaining the Finnish spell checking extension Mozvoikko for
Firefox. I was planning on adding Thunderbird support as well, since
Fedora 11 now has TB3, which is based on Xulrunner. But it seems the
Thunderbird package is using it's own internal libxul.so and not the
"system-wide" one provided by the xulrunner package. Why? Any idea on
when we could have Thunderbird built against the shared Xulrunner on
Fedora?

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio