F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Muayyad AlSadi alsadi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 11:05:34 UTC 2009

> Ctrl+Alt+Backspace is also a keyboard shortcut for deleting certain expressions in C and Java modes in Emacs

and since when EMACSians are considered desktop users!!

> Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
>

> and how can this be configured while do don't have a xorg.conf files ?
>

> Just create one. Simple.

do you really think I can't!!

I'm just shedding some lights on that dark corner

we have people have decided that we don't xorg.conf
but it comes that some nvidia cards needs it because on of X drivers
in the auto detection steps  graps it and never release it

another case were some cards need passing some flags for the cursor to be shown

a trivial solution for the first case was to use s-c-d and set it to vesa
and for the second to create a skeleton xorg.conf
where I can add some driver specific options
---
on another topic we have some people decided   that we no longer need
s-c-d assuming that we don't need xorg.conf files

and on this topic another one is assuming that we don't need CTRL+ALT+BKSP
and tells those who want it to edit xorg.conf files which does not
exists and the tool to create such files are to be dropped

and BTW what does "your sysadmin" mean ?!
we are talking about desktop use cases, sysadmin is synonym to
yourself in such context

how can we know how many fedorians have EMACS installed