F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 18:21:02 UTC 2009

2009/3/29 Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net>:
> And that's what we're going to start seeing instead of users being able to
> manage the situation themselves.

Indeed.  I have spent *a lot* of time on IRC in #fedora helping people
recover from situations like this.  There is no way I'm going to be
trying to explain to people on IRC how to switch virtual consoles,
pull up a process list, kill an X server and restart X.  I am just
going to tell them they are screwed because some people want linux to
be more like windows, and you will have to reboot the entire machine
instead of just restarting X.  Sorry.