F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Mon Mar 30 05:56:40 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 22:49 +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> I'm a little leary about things involving tab and space, given their use
> in other contexts - but, to be fair, requiring both shift keys would
> probably be adequate. My other thought is something involving the break
> key, since that's basically unused right now. The only real trouble
> there is the extent to which laptops will let you use modifiers with
> something generated using the Fn key.

My iMac keyboard lacks a pause/break key: (Picture isn't US layout but
close enough...)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Apple_USB_Keyboard_B.jpg

Also note Apple's recent keyboard designs have even less keys:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/Apple-wireless-keyboard-aluminum-2007.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/Apple_Keyboard_A1242.jpg