2009-03-26 - Fedora Test Day - Nouveau graphics driver [results]

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 21:30:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 15:18 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Monday, March 30 2009, Adam Williamson said:
> > I'd like to do a follow-up but we're really running out of days! I'm
> > already committed to a follow-up for the intel test day, and we're
> > already double-dipping test days each week because we've run out of
> > regular Thursday slots right up to the release. I don't want to overload
> > the schedule too far. But if we can crowbar it in somewhere, sure, we'll
> > do it.
>
> Perhaps it makes sense to have the follow-up day be "modesetting, all
> graphics drivers" rather than just an Intel-specific one.

It's not only modesetting - each test day covered a rather wide range of
topics. The idea of a combined test day for all three drivers was
mooted, but I felt it would be rather unwieldy - we'd have hundreds of
people and several developers trying to follow several entirely
different topics all at once.

> Of course, nothing stops people from running through the test day tests
> with later images that weren't intended for that test day either...

Yes, in fact the live CD image links for older test days will probably
get updated to the images generated for later test days.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey