F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Mon Mar 30 22:35:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Emmanuel Seyman
<emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr> wrote:
> * Arthur Pemberton [30/03/2009 23:51] :
>>
>> No one has describe how having this is bad design. I asked, all I have
>> heard is because someone may accidentally press three keys
>> concurrently.
>
> That's pretty much the definition of bad design.

yes, It is bad design, If you have a very common key combination that
a lot of people knows, (I am talking about Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the
login prompt on Windows), and another one Ctrl+Alt+Backspace where
Backspace and Del are very near each other on many keyboards. This
case is extreme on my laptop (thinkpad) Del is just over Backspace,
and I have seen a few people, try the Ctrl+Alt+Del sequence on
screensaver locked sessions

--
Robert Marcano