FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sat May 2 00:13:20 UTC 2009

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> How many volume control applications do you want us to ship with? The
> fact that mistakes have been made in the past is not an argument for
> further mistakes being made in the future.

To ask the dumb question... right now pavucontrol is the only way
(AFAIK) right now to change relative volume of individual apps, or
choose output device per-app. Without pavucontrol, how is this supposed
to be accomplished?

(Or are both of these being labeled "exotic" use cases that shan't be
supported OOTB?)

--
Matthew
"Will somebody get this walking carpet out of my way?!"