FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Matthew Garrett mjg at redhat.com
Sat May 2 00:25:29 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 07:13:20PM -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Matthew Garrett wrote:
>> How many volume control applications do you want us to ship with? The
>> fact that mistakes have been made in the past is not an argument for
>> further mistakes being made in the future.
>
> To ask the dumb question... right now pavucontrol is the only way
> (AFAIK) right now to change relative volume of individual apps, or
> choose output device per-app. Without pavucontrol, how is this supposed
> to be accomplished?

Per-stream volume control seems to be present in g-v-c. I'm afraid I've
got no idea about per-stream output control - I only have one output
device available here.

> (Or are both of these being labeled "exotic" use cases that shan't be
> supported OOTB?)

I don't know. I'd imagine that the first certainly isn't (given that it
seems to be supported), but you'd need to ask someone else about the
second.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org