FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 3 09:28:34 UTC 2009

On 05/03/2009 06:09 AM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 09:46 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

>> So what do we do about profile switching - digital output, analog
>> surround output?
>
> Then you people can use the gst-mixer you're packaging, it will work
> just as well (or as badly) as it used to.

So the recommendation is to use the old gst-mixer but the problem then
is the opposition to having it installed by default as well as the
problem of discovering it even when it is installed by default.

While you are trying to reach perfection, the current experience is a
giant regression for many users. A good compromise would be a advanced
button which calls the old gst-mixer.

Rahul