Moblin 2 and Fedora

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 4 19:26:33 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 14:33 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:

> Yeah, how about Poulsbo support?  Is anyone at Intel actually working on
> upstreaming the unencumbered 2D parts of that, including the kernel bits
> and the X driver?  Random crack in gregkh's tree doesn't count.

Well, on that topic, I notice a huge new pile of crack showed up in the
Ubuntu Mobile special-sauce repositories on April 30, which appears to
be the psb driver for Ubuntu 8.10. At least...

http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mobile/ubuntu/pool/main/x/xserver-xorg-video-psb/
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mobile/ubuntu/pool/main/x/xpsb-glx/
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mobile/ubuntu/pool/main/libd/libdrm-poulsbo/
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mobile/ubuntu/pool/main/p/psb-kernel-source/
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mobile/ubuntu/pool/main/p/psb-firmware/
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mobile/ubuntu/pool/main/p/psb-meta/

oh, so much crack. Why must there be so much crack?!

so, yeah, it seems like at least one bit of Intel is still working on
special sauce for Ubuntu (presumably at Dell's behest), not upstreaming.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey