Abandon "Default Desktop"

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue May 5 00:05:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 10:30:23PM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>Josh Boyer wrote:
>> Where are you going with this?  Do you have some other DE that you would
>> like to propose as the default?
>
>"some other DE" == KDE, obviously. Did you really have to ask?

I was simply using the same terms that we being used.  I like to
be clear, so yes I needed to ask.

>And no, Jóhann isn't asking for KDE to be *the* default, and neither am I.
>We're asking for there not to be one default in the first place, but a
>choice between 2 equally-placed desktops (matching their respective
>popularity), and (why not?) an easy access to the emerging options (XFCE,
>LXDE) which are currently entirely hidden, you need to go to spins.fp.o to
>even see them.

Can you take this, write up a more specific proposal, and either send
it here or to FESCo?

I don't want to guess on what you mean by "equally-placed" or "easy"
because personally I already think things are placed evenly and
easily accessed.  The only difference IMO is that KDE is actually
called KDE.

josh