182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu May 7 23:44:42 UTC 2009

2009/5/7 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at hi.is>:
> On 05/07/2009 10:23 PM, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> That application would have the thumps up thumps down on the update
> along with a comment field and perhaps username and a password field
> depending if we want all or just fas user vote.

I dont need a full bodhi client....i just need to be
reminded..sporatically that I have testing stuff installed. I have no
problem using the bodhi web interface to drop a comment...i just need
to to be reminded what I have installed that could use some love..at
some time later than the moment of installation.

Th underlying problems are simply these:

1) the only time i get notified with relevant information about
testing updates is at the time of install. After installation its
harder to know what installed packages need love.  Right now I have to
be extremely proactive about review packages and noting what I want to
test..later..after installation..when I have time.

2)Right now the web interface doesn't present updates in a way that is
relevant to my system usage..its just a pile of updates..ordered in
time...but not personalized. I can't make good use of the most recent
test update notifications on the site and dive into testing something
from the list..because it may or may not be relevant to me. Kernels
being the exception  that makes the rule. If I could register my
system somehow so that the bodhi webinterface would know to display
the lastest packages relevant to the system I'm connecting from...that
would do wonders. I could pick off one or two items from that
personalized list of latest testing updates and drop some love.

-jef
-jef