Fedora 11 + rpm 4.7.0 + mock EL5 issue

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Fri May 8 10:57:48 UTC 2009

Op vrijdag 08-05-2009 om 08:33 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Remi
Collet:
> I'm searching for a way to build .src.rpm using old checksum behavior,
> but I don't find any solution

Speaking of which, yum repositories created with the latest version of
createrepo can't be used by CentOS 5. When trying to install packages
from such a repo it will always fail due to a failed checksum
verification. On closer inspection, I've found out that the
repodata/primary.xml.gz file now contains SHA256 hashes while previously
it was regular SHA.

The 'createrepo' tool has an option to use a different checksum method
(-s SUMTYPE / --checksum=SUMTYPE), but it doesn't seem to have any
effect nowadays. I've read somewhere that this option has been
deprecated.

Does anybody know how to create a yum repository containing SHA hashes
for verification using the tools from F11 ?

Thanks in advance,

Erik van Pienbroek