182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri May 8 18:27:09 UTC 2009

> On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 10:41 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> > > No, I think he may have been suggesting that the old "line in the sand"
> > > might be a good starting point for such differentiation.
> >
> > Right on the "spot" :-)
>
> Unfortunately that line was pretty darn arbitrary, and nobody has put
> forth a serious effort to draw a real logical line.

We were kicking around, in QA, using the same definition currently used
for release-critical bugs: anything that can feasibly stop the system
booting, stop X working, stop networking working, or stop you being able
to update the system (i.e. yum+dependencies) would be 'core'.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey