removing KDE removes NetworkManager-gnome??

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri May 8 23:50:55 UTC 2009

Adam Miller wrote:
> I'm almost positive that OpenSUSE is shipping the kde plasmoid for
> network manager. I could be wrong though, but in the case that I'm not
> ... where are we on this?

We have kde-plasma-networkmanagement in updates-testing now, it seems to
work well for me, but previous snapshots (which were what we had to base
our decision what to ship by default in F11 on) had serious issues (e.g.
WPA not working) and the current one still lacks testing for things like
VPN (so I have no idea whether that works or not).

It will be available from the repository though, and I hope we can make it
the default for KDE in F12.

        Kevin Kofler