OpenOffice 3.1

Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) forum at ru.bir.ru
Sun May 10 21:51:52 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 00:05 +0400, Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) wrote:
>> +1
>> I fully agreed. Fedora is a bleeding edge distro. It is why I love it.
>> It sometimes got trouble, but it is. If we have distro with other policy
>> - please, RHEL, CentOS have it absolutely different - no updates until
>> it absolutely needed.
>> So, if 3.0 -> 3.1 update do not promise serious troubles - I want see it
>> in Fedora 10.
>
> Fedora has a bleeding edge release.  it's called rawhide.  Feel free to
> use it.  Others prefer an actual release that tries to maintain
> something close to stability throughout its lifetime.  Stability not
> just in bugs, but in how things operate and how valid the documentation
> is for it, or what to expect when confronted with a GA vs GA+ 4 months
> of updates.

I don't want start again wlamewar about several stability means.
Wikipedia migration to Ubuntu last time do it very well. And as I
remember most often justification was: Fedora can't and won't be enough
stable, because it is very dynamical and fresh.

Meantime, If you see upcoming serious trouble in this particular update
- please say, and no problem, we can do not do it. If not, why you
objecting from it?