FESco meeting summary for 20090507

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Mon May 11 20:46:31 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> writes:
>> Java is still a huge mess; there are any number of webapps that just
>> plain don't work in 64-bit.  (I'm not sure this is Java's fault per se,
>> but the fact remains that things don't work and the authors seem content
>> to tell you to install a 32-bit browser instead of fixing their broken
>> code...)

> Hmm, that's nasty. I hadn't personally run across any of those yet,
> which is I guess why I didn't know about it. Thanks for the info.

I've run into it twice in the past two months for apps used inside Red
Hat.  (Not developed inside Red Hat, I'm glad to say.)  This is out of a
sample of exactly two apps, since I avoid webapps where I can.  So I
admit I don't have a lot of data, but from here it looks like a problem.

			regards, tom lane