Fedora (Linux) is Destroying it self

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue May 12 06:24:15 UTC 2009

Jerry James wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> "This thread will bear no good results and I'm tired of everything being full of bile and vitriol"
>
> Part of the problem may be that people who are happy have no trigger
> that fires to tell them, "I should post a message about how happy I
> am!"  So you wind up with lots of threads started by unhappy people.
Correct. It's the bugs and issues which cause people to complain.

> Things have been even better since Ville talked me into donating my
> private stash of RPMs to Fedora.  Now other people get to take
> advantage of the packaging work I did, and the upstreams benefit from
> having more users using their code [1].  Life is good.
What you outline above, is the only remaining motiviation for continuing
to contribute to Fedora - This used to be different.

It's a direct consequence of certain developments and of certain people
being involved in Fedora.

>> I won't be running for the fedora board in the next round of elections.
Your freedom, your liberty.

> Long live the meritocracy!
To me, "meritocracy" is just a euphemism for other terms you probably
don't want to hear.

Ralf