Sound doesn't work, again!

David dgboles at comcast.net
Sun May 17 22:44:07 UTC 2009

On 5/17/2009 5:15 PM, Jarosław Górny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sunday 17 May 2009 02:51:52 David napisał(a):
>
>> I say 'your problem' because it also appears that no one else has this
>> problem. At least not that I can see.
>
> That's basically not true. Just look a previous week - at least 2 big threads
> about problems with PA. And Dimi's bugs are not the only ones regarding PA.
> I'm also one of the people who have problems with PA from time to time.
> If it works for you always - great, lucky you.
>
> regards,

PulseAudio has a really, really *bad* name. PulseAudio should be named
'PulseMixer' or perhaps something else. It is a mixer. Only and does not
do anything with sound except combine audio settings.

As for me being lucky? That I can not say. But it does work for me In
Fedora and several other Linux distrobutions. Always has. I am sorry
that it does not work for you.

And do you want to know what really, really hurts about this? It works
in Microsoft Windows. Has for years.  :-(

The way to get things 'fixed' is to be vocal. But to be polite while
being vocal.  :-)
--

  David