PolicyKit changes in F12

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon May 18 09:57:47 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 09:14:03AM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com> wrote:
> >  ? No kit_* OOM handling in the new library
> > means ?
>
> The old kit_* functions used to handle OOM (out of memory conditions)
> and report back the correct error. The new library is more GLib like,
> and doesn't handle OOM very well at all. It's likely you didn't care
> about OOM before, so this change won't affect you.

Well there are two ends to this. The client app side (eg virt-manager)
we don't care about OOM, since we're using GTK and that just aborts all
the time. For the service end, eg libvirtd, we do care about OOM handling
and we test for it, so this change is an unfortunate regression :-(

Regards,
Daniel