Package Maintainers Flags policy

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Mon May 18 17:52:57 UTC 2009

On 05/18/2009 07:32 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Bastien Nocera wrote:
>> And FYI, the current policy doesn't ban flags entirely, but they have to be
> in a -flags package which is not installed by default

That's about the same as banning them. What percentage of users do you
think will install them, let alone be aware they exist ? I understand
the reasoning behind this policy, but overall this seems like a gross
overreaction. We have a vast international community here, why not let
this community write up a black-list of sensitive flags to avoid, rather
than ban'em all ?

-denis