Ongoing mass rebuild on s390x

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Tue May 19 10:38:23 UTC 2009

2009/5/16  <karsten at redhat.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Just in case you're wondering about the koji mails of your packages being rebuilt:
>
> I'm currently looping over all F-11 packages and rebuilding them on s390x, which
> is a secondary arch. If you have some free time and one of your packages failed
> to build, please check the logs and try to figure out what went wrong. If it's
> just a dependency problem, ignore it for now. If it is a real issue, I'd
> appreciate it if you could take a look at it as you as the package maintainer
> could most likely fix it faster than I can.

emacs-vm and emacs-bbdb failed to build due to a chicken-and-egg
bootstrap requirement.

To fix it:
1) Build emacs-vm without bbdb support
2) Build emacs-bbdb
3) Rebuild emacs-vm with bbdb support

So, question: How to request retagging of packages for a secondary
arch? In the above I need to have the build from 1 in the buildroot
for 2, and the build from 2 in the build root for 3

J.