Package Maintainers Flags policy

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 20 02:19:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Christopher Stone wrote:

> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 6:59 AM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> What if a non-authoritarian regime didn't want us to distribute a flag that
>> was offensive to their democratically-empowered populace? Would that be okay
>> then?
>
> Please Seth, a non-authoritarian regime wouldn't be making demands on
> what you can distribute, if they did, they would be authoritarian.
> Your logic needs to be improved, and I am in disagreement with you on
> this topic.

Making laws does not make a gov't authoritarian.

or rather if you believe that making laws makes a gov't authoritarian then
there is no point in continuing the conversation.

Germany bans nazi flags - that's a classic example of a non-authoritarian
gov't keeping us from distributing specific flags.

-sv