LiveCD install and PAE kernel

Darren Steven dsteven at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 21 06:02:00 UTC 2009

I just rebuilt an older box (Athlon XP, VIA chipset - KM400 I think,
openchrome X driver). Preview KDE Live CD works fine, but when I installed
the full preview release from DVD, X terminates when Kwin starts (need to
use metacity as KDEWM, or run Gnome). Not found any useful log indicating
why.

Could PAE kernel cause this? I'll try installing the i586 non PAE kernel
(only 1G RAM anyway), and see how it goes (and file a bug perhaps)

Darren