Youth Protection: Was Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu May 21 19:36:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 15:04 -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:

> Only include flags in the Everything repo? Never on the install media?

That gets hard, as there are also the spins we do to consider, and the
fact that you can enable the Everything repo at install time.  Also the
contents of the install media change over time as deps change, so it's
something that would have to be constantly monitored.

> Though it seems rather silly to me. Would we also not allow little flags
> to show language preferences (eg french canadian vs american english)?

That's precisely where we don't want to show flags.  A) it's bad UI, and
B) it's rather noticeable.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!