export policy, was Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue May 26 16:35:15 UTC 2009

On 05/26/2009 12:13 PM, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
>> The penalties for export violation are steep and
>> serious, which is why all Fedora contributors are required to abide by
>> the export policies.
>
> Maybe this should be mentioned in the CLA ? We (Fedora contributors)
> have to sign it. Specifying it there would make it more widely known,
> and could provide a way to make contributors respect it (as they
> agreed and signed the CLA).
>
> Unless I miss it, it is not mentioned:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses/CLA

Nope. We'll definitely take that into consideration as we rework the CLA.

Historically, we've only highlighted the export details onto people who
are likely to redistribute Fedora as part of their normal activities
(FreeMedia, Mirrors), but there is no reason we can't make it clear to
everyone who signs the CLA.

~spot