dependency errors while upgrading vom F10 to Rawhide (F11)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue May 26 18:20:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 10:39 +0200, Uwe Kiewel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I checked the ability to upgrade from F10 to F11 (Rawhide) directly
> using yum. A couple of weeks ago, there were dependency errors with
> python. These errors are not fixed until now.
>
> In my point of view, this issue should be fixed until GA of Leonidas.

Others have explained what you should do to test this properly, but to
address your final point: QA's stance on this is that the only supported
upgrade methods are via the install images or preupgrade. Upgrade via
yum has the status "not explicitly supported but may well work". We
don't consider issues which would cause upgrading from release to
release via yum to be blockers, but issues which would cause upgrading
via preupgrade to fail usually would be.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey