Agenda for the 2009-05-26 Packaging Committee meeting

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed May 27 20:24:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 15:07 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:

> I can't wait to see how we depsolve through:
>
> yum update:
>
> - foo is updated and recommends bar
> - bar conflicts with baz which is also in the update
>

> but I'm sure we'll muddle through - provided this is included in upstream
> rpm.

seems obvious to me that, in that case, bar should simply not be
installed (possibly yum could print a note of what happened).

btw, afaik, in both MDV's and SUSE's implementations of this,
rpm-the-command ignores Suggests: dependencies entirely. only the
distribution's own tools interpret them. as long as the hard Requires:
dependencies are met, rpm is happy.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey