gnaughty is a hot babe

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri May 29 18:28:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 09:58:10AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 19:49 +0300, Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
>> > You're just transferring the work. In order to *generate* the list of
>> > tens of packages to make _your_ life easier, someone else has to inspect
>> > the tens of thousands of packages.
>> and the someone else you refer to is fedora censorship board!
>> no no like that,
>> I asked for a unified place to put those things in the wiki
>> if the maintainer decided that he does not want to add his package to
>> the list we are not going to shoot him.
>
>If all you want is a page on the Wiki for you and notional other people
>who are interested in excluding certain packages from their spins or
>whatever to co-ordinate on listing which packages might be an issue,
>then I don't think anyone would really object to that - all along we've
>been saying that it's fine for you to include or exclude whatever you
>like from your own spin on whatever grounds you choose, and this would
>just be a bit of organization to help you with that. I certainly
>wouldn't object to it.
>
>However, you haven't proposed it as that; you seem to have proposed it
>as a packaging guideline. All packagers are supposed to respect
>packaging guidelines (we only don't call them 'rules' because we're
>trying to be all happy-clappy). If you really want this to be something
>that packagers don't have to worry about unless they actually care about
>it, then it shouldn't be a packaging guideline. You should just create
>it as a page on the Wiki with no official status in any procedure. I
>don't believe you need anyone's permission to do that, you can just go
>ahead and do it.

I will take blame for the packaging guideline.  I suggested one be written
based on what seemed to be a request to have this driven automatically for all
packages.

If this is just a volunteer-only, totally optional wiki page then I also see
no problem.  If this is something to be mandated, then the guideline would be
necessary.

josh